While I drive to and from work each day I listen to podcasts rather than listen to the radio. I have a few favourites that I download regularly and have mentioned previously on this blog.
But I was curious to know how many podcasts there are about libraries or by librarians. These are the results of that inquiry; although not the definitive list. My focus is on content about libraries and not particularly books, authors or events. I also focused more on public and academic libraries and disregarded school libraries. These were all still active at the date of this blog post. My rating system judged the podcast on: relevance; content; sound quality; host performance; currency; and enjoyment factor. The results reflect an entirely personal opinion.
- Circulating Ideas by Steve Thomas (USA) ☺☺☺☺☺
- EdReach-LiTTech Show by EdReachUs (USA) ☺☺☺
- Free Library of Philadelphia by Free Library of Philadelphia (USA) ☺☺☺☺☺
- Infopeople by infotweets (USA) ☺☺
- Jisc Podcast by Jisc (UK) ☺☺☺
- Librarian on the edge by Terry Ballard (USA) ☺
- Library Chat by Corin Haines (NZ) ☺☺☺☺☺
- Nerdy Librarians by Michael and Mindy Perry (USA) ☺
- T is for training by baldgeekinmd (USA) ☺☺
- The Library Channel by ASU Libraries (USA) ☺☺☺☺
- TWIL (This Week in Libraries) by Eric and Jaap (Netherlands) ☺☺☺☺☺☺
- Whatever Mathers by Amy Mather (USA) ☺☺☺☺
You can find these podcasts and many more via the iTunes store.