Since leaving my full-time job, I have been concentrating on improving my writing skills.
Here is the list of resources that I have worked through so far:
- 14 Days To A Solid Writing Habit by Writers’ HQ This free online course helps to establish a daily writing habit. #14daysofwriting
- Writing Your Life by Patti Miller A book that offers some great examples and ideas for how to write about your life. It offers exercises at the end of each chapter.
- Start Writing Fiction by Future Learn A free online 8-week course. This is the second time I have taken part in this course. The collaborative online learning environment offers practical and useful feedback, comments, and structure.
- The Artists Way by Julia Cameron A well-loved book that I use to remind me of the importance of reflection and morning pages.
- Writing Tools: 55 Essential Strategies For Every Writer by Roy Peter Clark This book takes you through the basics and essentials for writing correctly. Each tool is explained and followed by some practical exercises.
My aim from this self-initiated writing course is to improve my writing skill in order to write the first draft of a novel by the end of 2020. I have my idea, characters, location, era, and plot. I have done some research and now I just need to get it out of my head and onto the page.